Our school Learning philosophy is heavily influenced by Professional Learning Communities.
What are Professional Learning Communities?
- PLC's are part of an ongoing process in which educators work collaboratively in recurring cycles of collective inquiry and action research to achieve better results for the students we serve.
- PLC's operate under the assumption that the key to improved learning for students is continuous, job-embedded learning for educators.
The Big Ideas of a PLC...
- We accept learning as the fundamental purpose of our school and therefore are willing to examine all practices in light of their impact on learning.
- We are committed to working together to achieve our collective purpose.
- We cultivate a collaborative culture through the development of high-performing teams.
- We assess our effectiveness on the basis of results rather than intentions. Individuals, teams, and leadership seek relevant data and information and use that information to promote continuous improvement.